This morning I talked to a publisher. It seems writing is just one step - now comes the hard part - marketing! Know thy audience should be every writer's 11th commandment. After all, what good is a book if no one reads it? And how do you connect with your audience? Yes, you've got it - marketing.
Meanwhile, you might want to consider asking an attorney about incorporating yourself as a publisher. Give yourself any name you like - Heartbeat Publications sounds good, don't you think? Apparently, becoming your own LLC is a terrific tax write-off.
And if you self-publish, don't forget that bar code. That way you can sell your book in stores and shops. The things we writers never knew.
For now, though, here is the possible (very probable cover) to my memoir, Again In a Heartbeat. Hope you like it!
All the best to my sisters in the writing circle,
Books, Events and Services
- 2017 Membership To Women's Writing Circle
- Circle Read Arounds
- So You Want To Write A Memoir
- Editing Services
- A PORTRAIT OF LOVE AND HONOR
- Preview - Again In a Heartbeat
- Reviews - Morning at Wellington Square
- The Life Unexpected: An Anthology of Stories and Poems
- Talks on Memoir
- From Readers of Again In a Heartbeat
- Guidelines For Guest Bloggers
- Critique Group
- Workshops and Retreats
- June 24th Writing Workshop
- August 12 Short Story/Flash Fiction Workshop