Five women gathered at Wellington Square Bookshop this morning and read their work aloud. Comments ranged from: "I am nervous when I read" to "I feel shivers when I listen to others read" to "I love to hear the rhythm of my words." This is the joy and the value of the readaround. Our voices and those of others bring a compelling component to the craft of storytelling.
Two new women attended the Circle. Thank you Pat and Laura for driving half an hour to meet with us. Your stories and commitment to disciplined daily writing and getting published are an inspiration. Thanks also to Barbara and Arleen for coming back with new stories and ideas. Special thanks go to the folks at Wellington Square for hosting us and providing the ideal setting for our writing circle. Not only is browsing among the rare and used book collection a joy, but the views of hillsides covered with pink and white flowering trees inspire the muse within us.
I would also like to thank the Brandywine Valley Writers Group for posting information about the Women's Writing Circle and the link to this blog on their website.
Please make a note of Saturday, May 8 at 9 a.m. for the next gathering of women writers.
All the best to my sisters in the writing circle,
Books, Events and Services
- 2019 Membership To Women's Writing Circle
- Circle Read Arounds
- So You Want To Write A Memoir
- Editing Services
- A PORTRAIT OF LOVE AND HONOR
- Preview - Again In a Heartbeat
- Reviews - Morning at Wellington Square
- The Life Unexpected: An Anthology of Stories and Poems
- Talks on Memoir
- From Readers of Again In a Heartbeat
- Guidelines For Guest Bloggers
- Critique Group
- Workshops and Retreats
- Crafting Compelling Scenes in Memoir or Fiction
- Africa Writing Retreat and Safari: March 2020