Books, Events and Services
- 2019 Membership To Women's Writing Circle
- Circle Read Arounds
- So You Want To Write A Memoir
- Editing Services
- A PORTRAIT OF LOVE AND HONOR
- Preview — Again In a Heartbeat
- Reviews — Morning at Wellington Square
- The Life Unexpected: An Anthology of Stories and Poems
- Talks on Memoir
- From Readers of Again In a Heartbeat
- Guidelines For Guest Bloggers
- Critique Group
- Workshops and Retreats
Saturday, November 19, 2011
Staying Connected Through Writing
I would start my own group as a way to connect and make this business of writing a little less lonely. What I didn't realize was that this would not be my group, but our group.
Today, as we celebrate the two-year anniversary of the Women's Writing Circle, we also celebrate camaraderie and friendships - an unexpected benefit.
t In a world that has become increasingly dehumanizing and where people are glued to their cell phones or iPhones - isolation has intensified. We are prisoners of technology.
In the Circle, we rediscover conversation and community. Our stories are varied and rich. We support and encourage each other. We hear a human voice responding to the expression of being human. A year ago I started a critique group. This has also been a way to learn from each other.