Mastering Writing for Adults
Getting To the Heart of Our Story
How do we find the stories in our lives? How do we discover meaning in those stories? And what are some good strategies to write about them?
This is the subject of a unique all-day writing workshop sure to inspire and instruct. Open to committed writers of all genres and experience levels.
This workshop will be led by Susan G. Weidener, an editor and author of Again in a Heartbeat, a memoir of love, loss and dating again, and Cynthia J. McGroarty, an English instructor at DeVry University and a fiction writer and editor.
What to expect:
· Instruction and writing exercises that build on finding the meaning in our stories.
· Thoughts on how to take a memory and turn it into a story.
· Tips and techniques for bringing readers into the story.
· Ways to trim the fat and get to the meat of the story.
· Critique of a work in-progress.
· Reading our work aloud in a circle of supportive writers.
Where: Fairfield Inn, 5 North Pottstown Pike, Exton PA 19341
When: 8:30 – 5 p.m. Saturday, March 24
Cost: $99 until March 16 when registration closes. Fee includes free coffee and tea all day and buffet lunch. This workshop is limited to 12 participants.
Checks should be made out to Susan Weidener and sent to: 75 Jennifer Drive, Chester Springs, PA 19425. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org